Rental Agreement for “Bear Mountain” located at 907 Wiley Oakley Drive, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. Owner’s phone number 270-202-4003.
Our goal is for you to have the best vacation possible! To help us achieve this we ask that you abide by the following policies:
• Check in time is 4 PM EST and check out is 11 AM EST. No early check-ins or late check-outs.
• This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
• Pets are not permitted in rental unit under any conditions.
• We will not rent to individuals under 21 years of age.
a. Damage to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear and tear will be invoiced and billed upon guest departure.
b. All garbage is to be placed in the bear-proof container located by the road. Soiled dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and the dishwasher started upon your departure.
c. Linens lost or damaged will be charged.
d. Hot tub is to be left in a clean/undamaged state. This includes the hot tub cover. Sitting or standing on the hot tub cover will break it.
e. Please adjust the thermostat upon leaving the house, 55 degrees in cold weather and 75 degrees in hot weather. Thanks!
1. PAYMENT- An advance payment of $250.00 is required to secure your reservation and will be applied to the rent. Please make payments by check, VISA or MASTERCARD. Make payable to "Bear Mountain". The BALANCE is due 30 days before your arrival date if paid by check, one week if paid by credit card.
Only the person making the reservation may request any changes regarding the reservation.
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests for our chalet is eight (8) persons (no more than 6 adults).
3. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY, FOUR Nights for Holiday stays.
4. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are provided, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate and is not available. A charge of $85 is made for cleaning service. Please bring your own towels for use at swimming pools.
5. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and /or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
6. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
7. Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in driveway only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Hot Tubs – No children under the age of 16 permitted in the hot tub at any time unless accompanied by an adult at all times. When using a hot tub remember there is certain health risk. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in the hot tub. If other guests left on the day of your arrival, a newly filled hot tub may not be warm until later that evening. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND OR SIT ON THE HOT TUB COVER, it will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm. If any items such as food, alcohol, soaps or bath products, etc. are found in the hot tub, you will be charged an excess cleaning fee of $200.
Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or skin sensitivities should not use the hot tub.
9. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Guests assume full responsibility for all damages, excess cleaning charges, or any missing items including linens and towels. Please read the departure instructions in the unit.
10. REFUNDS - You will receive a FULL REFUND if your cancellation is received 60 days or more in advance; less a service charge of 5% for refund of credit card funds (this is to cover fees incurred by the owners from the credit card companies).
There is a fee of $100 for cancellations received with less than 60 days notice and more than 30 days notice plus 5% if payment was made by credit card.
Cancellations received 30 days or less prior to stay do not receive a refund unless the cabin can be rented to another party. In that event the only charge to renters will be a 5% charge for refund of credit card funds.
The Chalet will be inspected prior to your arrival to ensure that all equipment is in good working order. In the event of a mechanical failure, we will make every effort to have all reported malfunctions corrected as promptly as possible. The property owner will not be obligated to give replacements or refunds in the event of failure or absence of any item, or for any public utility including television service.
No refunds will be given due to early departure. This includes departures due to inclement weather. You are responsible for the entire booking once your reservation has been made.
11. NO HOUSE PARTIES OF ANY KIND - If guests are found to be having a party in any of our units, everyone will be asked to vacate the premises. No refunds will be given.
Refunds will not be given if the renter is evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by Chalet Village.
12. Wildlife: We have an abundance of wildlife in the mountains, including raccoons, deer, cats, squirrels and bears. Please DO NOT leave food out for these animals. It is for their protection as well as yours that they do not eat human food. Please enjoy the bears from a safe distance and never attempt to photograph close up or hand them food.
No refunds are given for any problem you may incur with wildlife. Wildlife is not in our control!
13. Weather: Weather changes quickly in the mountains. For road conditions call 1-800-342-3258. In winter, though our weather is ordinarily fine, you should come prepared with extra food, 4-wheel drive or chains and a bag of snow melt. We provide a snow shovel! During periods of snow and ice, late arrival is not recommended.
14. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
This reservation is for a total of _______guests.
Date of arrival:Date of departure:
Total charge including taxes and cleaning fees is $___________. The deposit is $200.00 and the balance will be charged a week before arrival if paying by charge card. If payment is by check the entire rental amount is due 30 days before your arrival.
I herby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. By signing below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this Rental Agreement consisting of three (3) pages.
/s/ Tom Poole for Bear Mountain
Enjoy your Stay!