Rental Agreement for “Bear Mountain II” located at 1832 Luzerne Drive, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. Owner's contact number 270-202-4003 (mobile).
Our goal is for you to have the best vacation possible! To help us achieve this we ask that you abide by the following policies:
• Check in time is 4 PM EST and check out is 11 AM EST. No early check-ins or late check-outs.
• This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
It is your responsible to lock the front door at all times. It is not self locking. See your entry code information sent separately.
• Pets are not permitted without pre-approval (and only small dogs 10-12 lbs will be approved)
• We will not rent to individuals under 21 years of age.
Please bring your own towels for use at swimming pools.
Check-In: You just come to the property and let yourself in with your entry code. That can be at any time after 4 PM on your arrival date but it is best to arrive before dark.
a. Damage to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear and tear will be invoiced and billed upon guest departure.
b. All garbage is to be placed in the bear-proof container located by the road. Soiled dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and the dishwasher started upon your departure.
c. Linens lost or damaged will be charged.
d. Hot tub is to be left in a clean/undamaged state (no bubble bath or other soap products and no food items).
1. PAYMENT- secure payments are made through VRBO/Homeaway. We do not receive your credit information.
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests for our chalet is eight (8) persons (no more than 6 adults).
3. Rates and minimum stays are set forth on VRBO/Homeaway.
4. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are provided, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate and is not available.
5. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and /or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
6. Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in driveway only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
7. Hot Tubs and jetted bathtubs. No children under the age of 16 permitted in the hot tub at any time unless accompanied by an adult at all times. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in the hot tub. If other guests left on the day of your arrival, a newly filled hot tub may not be warm until later that evening. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND OR SIT ON THE HOT TUB COVER, it will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm. If any items such as food, alcohol, soaps or bath products, etc. are found in the hot tub, you will be charged an excess cleaning fee of $200. Do not use bubble bath in the jetted bathtubs, it can damage the functionality and is difficult to clean up.
Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or skin sensitivities should not use the hot tub.
8. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Guests assume full responsibility for all damages, excess cleaning charges, or any missing items including linens and towels.
9. REFUNDS - You will receive a FULL REFUND if your cancellation is received 30 days or more in advance of your stay. Cancellations received 30 days or less prior to stay will receive a refund of 50% of the amount paid.
The Chalet will be inspected prior to your arrival to ensure that all equipment is in good working order. In the event of a mechanical failure, we will make every effort to have all reported malfunctions corrected as promptly as possible. The property owner will not be obligated to give replacements or refunds in the event of failure or absence of any item, or for any public utility including television service.
After you have checked in no refund will be given due to early departure. This includes departures due to inclement weather.
10. NO HOUSE PARTIES OF ANY KIND - If guests are found to be having a party in any of our units, everyone will be asked to vacate the premises. No refund will be given.
Refunds will not be given if the renter is evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by Chalet Village.
11. Wildlife: We have an abundance of wildlife in the mountains, including raccoons, deer, cats, squirrels and bears. Please DO NOT leave food out for these animals. It is for their protection as well as yours that they do not eat human food. Please enjoy the bears from a safe distance and never attempt to photograph close up or hand them food.
No refunds are given for any problem you may incur with wildlife. Wildlife is not in our control.
12. Weather: Weather changes quickly in the mountains. In winter, though our weather is ordinarily fine, you should come prepared with extra food, 4-wheel drive or chains and a bag of snow melt. During periods of snow and ice, late arrival is not recommended.
The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to the premises.
/s/ Tom Poole for Bear Mountain II
Enjoy your Stay!