Tanger Five Oaks Outlet Center, 1645 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
The Peddler 820 River Road. Reservations advised. Steaks mostly and great salad bar. Ask for a table by the windows overlooking the river/creek. $25-35 per person
Experience a rodeo and eat your meal with your fingers. A bit expensive about $50 per person but many like it. Always busy. Owned by Dolly Parton!
Calendar of Events
Theme Parks / Area Activities
The Old Mill~a restaurant and store with a dam and waterfall (traffic light 7 in Pigeon Forge, the same light where you turn for Dollywood)
The Biltmore House~what can I say? America's largest home. Built by the Vanderbilts around 1895. Many, many rooms and all full of extremely valuable antiques and paintings. If you haven't been to this place you owe it to yourself to go. About 90-120 minutes from Gatlinburg in Ashville, North Carolina.
Smoky Mountain National Park information
There is an abundance of fun things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge!
(Our personal favorites but there are many others!)
- Picnic at Chimney Tops. Go into the National Park and about 5 or so miles past the visitor center you will see the Chimney Tops Picnic Area sign on your right. The road makes a loop through the area. Make a picnic under tall trees and beside the beautiful mountain stream. There are many picnic tables and grills. Costs~free! Don't forget to dress warmly. You may need a sweater even in summer!
- Car trip to Cades Cove. Go into the National Park and turn right at the visitor center. Cades Cove is about 20 miles down the road (may take an hour to get there because of the curvy road but the trip is very scenic). Cades Cove is a settlement from over a hundred years ago with pioneer houses and churches. You may see herds of deer and other wildlife especially at dusk. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CadesCove .Costs~free. But be sure to stop at the gift store. You can also go horseback riding or take a carriage ride...www.cadescove.net/horseback_riding.html
- Shopping at Tanger Outlet Stores at Pigeon Forge. Then get something good to eat at the Chop House.
- Eating at one of the many fine restaurants!
- Stop at the Book Warehouse, 3127 Parkway, Pigeon Forge near stop light 6. A large place with a huge selection. Your friends can take a nap while you browse!
- Miniature golf at one of the many courses in both towns. Our favorite is the one in front of Tanger Outlet stores. The one with the flying pigs!
- Breakfast every day at the Log Cabin in Gatlinburg!! Very reasonable and we love the environment. A couple blocks uphill from traffic light no. 8 (Airport Rd.).
- Enjoying early morning coffee out on the deck.
- Walkers/Runners--there is a half-mile paved track at Patriot
Park behind the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. The Aquarium in Gatlinburg, middle of town, great place with a very nice large area for kids to play and have hands on esperience. Moving walkway through a glass tunnel under the shark tank!
Smoky Mountain Home Away From Home!